Starting a pressure washing business comes with a lot of things. It’s more than buying the equipment and setting up. It’s not always easy. For you to be successful, you need to follow various steps. Below is a guide to set up your pressure-washing business.
Learn How to Pressure Wash
You can only offer professional services when you know how it operates. If you don’t have an in-depth understanding, get time to learn. Learn how to clean your customer’s surfaces without damaging them.
Get the lessons on YouTube and other social media platforms. Also, be sure that you enjoy doing the job to maximize the opportunity to offer the best services.
Create a Plan
Once you understand the basics, create a business plan. A clear plan will help you know what direction to take from the start of your business. Some of the things to put down on paper are:
- The opening costs. It should include running costs. The capital will help you to purchase or lease a pressure washing machine and other essential equipment.
- Define your target market. Break down on who and where your target audience is. You’ll be able to run targeted campaigns as you market your business.
- The service charge. It’ll depend on what type of specific pressure washing services you offer. To break down this further, define the scope of services and the costs.
- Expected profits. Set your estimated earnings within a specific time-frame. It’ll not only help you stay focused but also help you understand the business progress.
- Establish channels to make the business profitable to help you remain relevant in the market even when there’re economic downtimes.
- Define the business name. Ensure the name reflects the services you offer so that your customers will not have a hard time finding you.
Open a Bank Account
You don’t want to mix personal and business finances. Ensure you open a business account and a credit card to channel all business proceeds. It’ll help you measure your progress based on the cash flow and other financial aspects like tax returns.
Obtain Permits and Licenses
Get the right licenses for your business to stay on the safe side of the law. Failure to which can lead to hefty fines or business shut-down. Check with your local authorities and obtain the necessary information concerning permits and licenses.
Certificate of Occupancy
Suppose you plan to operate a physical pressure washing business. In that case, it’s necessary to confirm with the landlord if he/she has a certificate of occupancy for a pressure washing business.
The certificate confirms adherence to government laws and building codes. However, if you plan to build the business space, ensure you obtain a valid CO from the authorities.
Make a Marketing Plan
It is essential to include marketing in your business budget. Decide in advance if you have the skills and time to market your business yourself or if you should hire a marketing agency. You should consider using an agency that specializes in pressure washing marketing. They will have the best methods for your particular business and get you the best return on your investment.
Now that you have the required information about starting your pressure washing business, it’s time to take up the challenge. Remember, it’s not an overnight success. It’s a journey that needs you to remain dedicated no matter the obstacles you may face along the way.